Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 ideas

I'm not really sure the best way to start a blog so I guess I'll just start.
I have a lot of fragmented ideas about moving pictures and experimental films, but none of them are as developed as I'd like them to be. It's brainstorming time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one idea: Photograph still lives made up of magical objects with different lighting. Stop motion animation, lighting won't make sense according to time of day. Objects might come alive. What do objects tell us about ourselves? Lighting should confuse time.
Examples:










-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another idea:

A collage-based stop motion animation involving a human figure who is just trying to eat some snacks while a cat is getting all up in her business. Here are some photos from my experimenting:










I will show you the rest in order on my camera because blogger is treating my bad right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing: I am really interested in music and sound manipulation creating moods. I want to record every sound that I can make, and photograph my face or mouth as they are happening. Maybe these sounds will surprise me. Maybe they will convince me of my existence. Maybe they will convince me that I'm just another animal. I'm not sure.
I'm also thinking about how recordings happen in at the present moment yet they transcend time because they proceed to exist in the future and in completely new contexts. They are time capsules of a sort.

Inspiration: Adrian Piper, Food for the Spirit, 1971
Photographed herself to prove her existence

No comments:

Post a Comment