Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Frame by frame

I've decided that I'm going to continue with Sounds That Prove That I'm Alive for the frame by frame project. I am going to use a digital recorder to capture everyday sounds that my body makes (see last blog entry). This will be the soundtrack. After that's complete, I will animate the sounds using cut paper/collage. Once complete, the animation will be screened on a television either facing another television with exactly the same film showing (as if the character is looking into a mirror) or it will be show on a television facing an actual mirror. This way, I hope that the viewer will begin to think about reality vs. fiction. The sound recordings will be real, the animation constructed. But since the animated figure is looking at herself in the mirror, she takes on human characteristics (self-examination). Then maybe the viewer starts to wonder which image is actually the real one, which figure do the sounds come from. Mind fuck? I HOPE SO.

No comments:

Post a Comment