Thursday, February 9, 2012

New developments...

I did an experiment to try and figure out how to shoot my frame-by-frame final project. I was feeling like the character's actions were becoming too complicated and I wanted to go back to my original idea: Sounds that Prove that I'm Alive. The idea is that the girl is looking at herself in the mirror, contemplating her existence. So I decided to film my own face with this idea in mind in order to figure out my shots better. The result: A silly video of my face. But once I started doing the audio, my ideas became more developed. I recorded 4 different vocal tracks and overlaid them. When I watched them with the video on top, it looked almost as if the sounds were her thoughts coming out of her head. I still have to work out the setting and making it look more like she is examining herself in the mirror, but here's how the sound turned out:






In critique, my classmates agreed that the audio fits better with my original concept.
Something to think about:
-How is this going to be seen/projected?
One idea: The stop-motion animation is the reflection. It is rear-projected on to a screen that is set up to look like a mirror in a bathroom or bedroom. There is a performance aspect -- I, as a human (the "real" me), is looking into this "mirror" making live sounds along with the recorded sounds.

Next steps:
1. Film myself in the mirror and study footage.
2. Plan out stop-motion final based on mirror footage.
3. Finalize audio and add to video.

FINISH FOR TUESDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment